Filmmaker Shripriya asks what I did for Road, Movie.
- I moved all the negative to Deluxe Laboratories.
- We scanned our final cut at 2K and made a Digital Intermediate.
- Our original aspect ratio was 2.35:1 at 4 perf. We got a much larger area of negative to scan. The result was way better than a 4k scan of a 2 perf negative or even a 3 perf negative.
- I’d strongly recommend doing this if you are originating on film.
- One of our delivery requirements for world sales was a 35mm Internegative.
- We did that too and it is housed in Technicolor Rome.
- The Indian Distributors have their own 35mm Negative.
- They asked for a drive with the DPX files to create a new Digital Negative and their own copy of the Dolby 5.1 final mix.
I’m hoping all bases are covered and we are in a better position than English, August.
As always fingers are crossed and one holds ones breath.